Noir Review: Mute

https://io9.gizmodo.com/mute-is-an-excellent-film-noir-that-just-happens-to-be-1823218213

Whenever I find review like these I always encourage people to check them out. This looks a lot like Blade Runner to me, and I am looking forward to check this out.

I love Noir and the modern interpretations of it, because for an art form to grow experimentation needs to happen. Otherwise, we say that the art form is dead and put what came before on pedestals of reverence I feel does a disservice to the vision and also the original creators and pioneers of Noir. From what I read, they didn't get wrapped up in who could make films like this or how it was done - they just created things which were true to their hearts.

Like this generation of filmmakers and artists should. If Noir inspires someone, let us see your vision. Create. Share. Inspire.

Be the darkness of which you write.

Not campy homage meant for false feelings of nostalgia, mind you, but honest and introspective visions of the art form that take us to places which we may have never seen before.

Comments